How to Set Up and Use Apple Pay
Apple Pay™ makes it even easier to make purchases with your Bell Bank Debit Mastercard®, turning your mobile phone or smartwatch into a digital wallet. You can also send and receive money from friends and family right in the Messages app. (Plus, added biometric security with Touch ID or Face ID protects your financial data.)
You can use Apple Pay with the following devices:
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus and SE
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X and XR
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
- Apple Watch Series 1, 2 and later
- Apple Watch (1st generation)
Activate One-Time Setup
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- To add your card, click on the plus symbol in the upper right corner.
- Use your phone’s camera to scan your card’s number and expiration date. (You can also enter it manually.)
- Enter the 3-digit security code on the back of your card.
- If you have used your card with iTunes, the App Store or other Apple payment systems, your card will likely be added instantly.
- If prompted to activate your card, call Bell Bank at 800-450-8949.
- Once your debit card is set-up, you’ll have access on your smartwatch as well.
How to Use Apple Pay
While vendor and retailer technology is a factor, you can use Apple Pay at most terminals that accept debit cards.
- Look for terminals with the mobile wallet or Apple Pay symbols. (Visit the Apple website for a list of stores that accept Apple Pay.)
- Place the top of your phone near the symbol.
- Hold your finger over the home button at the bottom of your phone.
- Your payment should be completed within a couple of seconds.
Back to Mobile Wallets