How to Set Up and Use Google PayGoogle PayTM makes it even easier to make purchases with your Bell Bank Debit Mastercard®, turning your mobile phone or smartwatch into a digital wallet. (Plus, multiple layers of security protect your financial data.)
You can use Google Pay with most near-field communication (NFC)-enabled Android mobile phones and smartwatches. Visit Google to check if your phone is compatible with Google Pay.
Activate One-Time Setup
- Look for the Google Pay app on your phone. If you don’t find it, download it from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Pay app.
- To add your card, click on the plus sign in the lower right corner.
- Use your phone’s camera to scan your debit card. (You can also enter the card information manually).
- Enter the three-digit security code on the back of your card.
- Call Bell at 800-450-8949 to verify the card activation.
- If your phone asks you to turn on NFC, please do so. This is how the phone communicates with terminals. (You may be asked to set up a password for security reasons. This is a requirement from Google Pay.)
How to Use Google PayWhile vendor and retailer technology is a factor, you can use Google Pay at most terminals that accept debit cards.
- Look for terminals with the mobile wallet symbol.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Hold the back of your phone over the symbols on the terminal.
- Visit the Google Pay website.
- Stop by your nearest Bell location.
- Call us at 800-450-8949.