How do I purchase foreign currency?
- Bell Bank customers with an open deposit account can order foreign currency, in person, at any Bell Bank branch (exchange rates apply).
- While customers can order a variety of foreign currency, not all currencies are available. Please call or stop by your local branch to check on availability.
- Limited supply of Euro and Canadian currencies are kept on-hand at designated locations: Fargo, N.D., - Headquarters, Fargo, N.D., - Downtown and Moorhead, Minn.
- Maximum limits apply for purchase of on hand foreign currency.
- Other foreign currency can be ordered, in person, by customers at any of our full service bank locations (fees may apply).
- Ordered currency ships directly to the bank branch, and the customer will be notified upon its arrival.
- Foreign currency cannot be sold in increments less than $5.
How long does it take for ordered foreign currency to arrive?
Foreign currency arrives 2-3 business days from the date of the order (orders placed after 2:30 p. m. CT are considered next business day).
How do I sell foreign currency?
- Bell Bank customers with an open deposit account can exchange their foreign currency at any bank branch (exchange rates apply).
- While customers can sell a variety of foreign currency, not all currencies can be exchanged. Please call or stop by your local branch to ask about acceptable currencies.
- Foreign currency bills smaller than $5 cannot be exchanged. Foreign coin cannot be exchanged.
- Foreign currency bills are subject to review before completing exchange. Not all currencies are available for exchange.
Are there fees for exchanging foreign currency?
Fees apply when exchanging foreign currency that must be sent back to the vendor. However, there are no fees for exchanging on-hand currency.
For More Information
If you have further questions about our foreign exchange policy, please call or stop by your local branch, and our friendly staff can help you.