Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open a new account?You can open your personal checking or savings account online, at a branch or through the Bell Bank mobile app:
- Online: Apply online here. You will need your Social Security number, a government issued ID (such as a driver’s license, passport, state or military ID), and funds to open your account. Online, you can fund your new account with a credit card, debit card, or checking or savings account.
- At a branch: Stop by any of our bank locations. Make sure to bring your Social Security number, a government-issued photo ID and at least $50 in cash or a check to open your new account.
- Bell bank app.: If you are already a personal Bell Bank customer you can open an account by clicking the menu button in the upper left hand corner and then select “open an account
Can I print statements at home, or do I need to come in to a branch location?
You can print your statement as a PDF from the File menu in personal online banking.
Go paperless by choosing Paperless Enrollment in the Statements tab within online banking, then choosing Paperless Statements as the Delivery Type.
Can I bring my change to the bank to be counted, or do I have to roll it first?
You do not have to roll your change. If you are a Bell Bank customer, you can bring it to the bank, and we will count it for you.
How can I send money to a friend or family member?Bell Bank offers Zelle®, a convenient way to send money right from your mobile banking app or online banking account, through personal online and mobile banking. Whether it’s saving you a trip to the ATM or taking the guesswork out of divvying up the cost of the lunch tab, Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money to and from friends, family and others you know and trust1.
To start using Zelle®, log into your personal online banking as you always have. Then complete your quick, one-time enrollment in Zelle®.Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license. 1Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
I want to check my balance, find out whether a check cleared and transfer funds. How do I do this online?
You can easily check your balance, find out whether a check cleared, transfer funds – and more – using personal online banking on desktop or the Bell Bank mobile app.
Your home page shows account balances at a glance. Clicking on an account gives you account details, so you can see which transactions are cleared or pending.
Transfer funds by choosing Transfers from the menu and following the simple steps.
If you are not yet enrolled, click here to sign up for personal online banking. To choose mobile banking, download our free Bell Bank smartphone app from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ app store, and log in using your personal online banking login and password.
What should I do when I move or change my address?
It’s important to let us know if you change your address or phone number. You can call customer service at 1-800-450-8949 from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT on weekdays or 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT on weekends (excluding major holidays). Or, send us a secure message through mobile and online banking.
To send us a message:
- Log in to your Bell Bank account on your computer or Bell Bank mobile app.
- Select “Menu,” then “Messages,” then “New Conversation.”
- Under “Select Recipient,” choose “Customer Service.”
- In the subject line, write: change of address or change of phone number, and in the message box, tell us what your new address or phone number is.
- Select “Send.”
Checking and Debit Card FAQs
How can I order more checks?
We offer the option of ordering checks online, or you’re welcome to order in person or over the phone. You can:
- Order checks online by logging in to personal online banking, choosing Other from the menu and selecting Order Checks
- Call our customer service line at 1-800-450-8949. We have bankers available to help you from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time weekdays and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time on weekends (excluding some major holidays).
- Stop by any of our branches.
- Fill out the reorder slip at the back of your checkbook, mark any changes to your address, indicate how many boxes you want and whether you want single or duplicate checks, and drop it off at any Bell branch.
How long does it take for a mobile deposit check to show up in my account?
Mobile check deposits made by 7:30 p.m. CT will post at the end of the current business day. Deposits made on weekends, holidays, or after 7:30 p.m. CT will be processed at the end of the next business day.
Click here to access a comprehensive guide to personal online banking.
How do I activate / change my PIN on my debit card?
To activate / change your debit card PIN number, please contact our activation and PIN selection service at 1-877-821-3478 or visit your local branch.
I’ve lost or misplaced my debit card. What do I do now?
If you have the free CardValet mobile app, turn your debit card off as soon as you realize it’s missing. This will ensure withdrawals and purchases are declined. (If you don’t have CardValet, you can learn more about it here.)
Next, call our customer service line right away at 1-800-450-8949.Don’t forget, we also have the ability to restrict your card temporarily if you would like time to look for your card, or we can close it and order you a new one.
Be sure to monitor online banking for any unauthorized charges, which you can dispute during business hours at a branch or over the phone.
What do I need to do to ensure I can use my debit card while traveling?
Notify Bell Bank before traveling internationally if you will be using your debit card. Let us know where you are headed and the dates you will be traveling to help ensure that legitimate purchases are approved. You should also tell us the names of all cardholders who are traveling to make sure we modify each individual card that will be used internationally.
Review your cards’ expiration dates and ask about daily limits and cash withdrawal limitations. For debit card limit increases, you can call our customer service department at 1-800-450-8949. It’s also a good idea to double-check that your contact information on file with us is current to make it easier for us to contact you if necessary.
Be sure you have access to online banking before you leave. This will allow you to review transactions clearing your account, ask questions through secure message, and update your travel itinerary if applicable so cards are not flagged for potential fraudulent transactions.
Be sure you have access to your debit and credit cards through an online account. This will allow you to review transactions clearing your account, ask questions, and update your travel itinerary if applicable so cards aren't shut down or blocked for fraud.
How to Sign Up for ChangeSaver
To participate in the Bell Bank ChangeSaver program you’ll need:
- A Bell Bank personal checking account with a debit card
- A Bell Bank savings account
Once you have a Bell Bank savings and checking account, there are 2 ways to sign up for ChangeSaver:
- Call 701-298-1550 to sign up by phone
- Stop by any Bell Bank location
*The 5% ChangeSaver match will be reported to the IRS on Form 1099INT. The annual match limit is $250. You need to be enrolled in ChangeSaver and have your checking and savings account open on the last day of the year to receive your 5% match for the year. If you close either account before the end of the year, matching funds are forfeited.
If I decide to quit participating in the ChangeSaver savings program, or I close my account, do I still get a 5% match at the end of the year?You need to be enrolled in ChangeSaver and have your checking and savings account open on the last day of the year to receive your 5% match for the year. If you close either account before the end of the year, matching funds are forfeited.
How do I stop my ChangeSaver savings program?If you want to stop your ChangeSaver program, visit one of our locations or call 701-298-1550. Customer service representatives are answer the phones 7 days a week: weekdays from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (CT) and weekends from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CT).